Thursday, January 7, 2010

14- I See the World With Brand New Eyes


7/365- Cap, originally uploaded by monica jennison.

This is one of my favorite self-portraits. I just really love how it turned out.

I've been starting to see a lot of things very differently lately, including myself and the world around me, and I think that this photo is a reflection of that. I think that's an important part of growing up. You realize a lot about the world and the people around you, and who you are as a person. The things that you begin to realize as you get older (and wiser) start to shape you in ways you never thought possible. Thus far, it's only been a positive force in my life. I've got an amazing support system helping me along the way on this bumpy journey, and that means more than I'll ever be able to properly put into words.

I've come to terms with that fact that people change, and not always for the better. People grow apart, some grow up, and some never do. That's just life, and you have to take the good with the bad in order to truly understand and appreciate everything. Yet, I feel like each and every day, especially lately I'm waking up and seeing things that I had never noticed before, or even seeing things in a different light. I'm becoming more aware of so much that is around me. It's difficult to accept that you're simply seeing things in a new and intriguing way, but if I hold back from admitting it to myself or others, I'm going to miss out on all the things that are happening. It's a beautiful world, and it has it's share of goods and bads and ups and downs, but I don't want to close my eyes and miss out on a single minute.

2 comments:

  1. "People grow apart, some grow up, and some never do. That's just life"

    So true. I am thankful to have learned a lot about this when I was younger (21/22) and it has led me to be able to move on faster and easier since then, when I've realized that some of the people in my life are just negative influences and need to go.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything you want, but please don't be hateful. Comments are moderated, so you won't get any glory for being rude.