Tuesday, January 12, 2010

20- It's Hard to See Beyond These Walls


12/365-Dress, originally uploaded by monica jennison.

This is my senior year prom dress. I heard this song on shuffle, and it prompted me to pull the dress out of the closet and put it on and start snapping photos. I'm just glad it still fit.
It got me thinking though. The dress and the song. When you're in high school, you're being shaped into the person that you're going to become, and you think you know everything but really...you know nothing. And at the time, anyone trying to tell you that is crazy and, obviously..wrong. But when those four years are over, you realize how naive you truly were. You hold on to the memories you made, of course, but who wore what, and who tripped during lunch...none of it matters. We all know that now, but why couldn't we be convinced then?